Friday 9 October 2015

Living with Polio Part II



There is this saying and I quote "The only thing about a man that is a man is his mind, everything else you can find in a pig" The mind is the key to every human success, just an idea can change your life forever, either in a good way or the other way round. And the greatest fact is that, ideas are free. Like madiba would say "it always seems impossible, until is done" okay that aside.


I hope you guys enjoyed the suspense, in case you miss the part one, you can get it here by following this link. http://shakeerahcare.blogspot.com.ng/2015/10/must-read-living-with-polio.html

So after they all left, I was so scared, polio coupled with a snake bite would be devastating. I was speechless, I could not speak, I couldn't even scream for help. Then my angel in disguise came and rescued me from being bitten, my teacher, she saved my life that day, I owe her a lot I hope she can read this some day. Thank you ma for coming that day, were ever you are right now, may God grace never cease in your life.

Have gone through so many life threatening moments, but in all I came out strong, bold and ready to take whatever the world throws at me. I believe am very different, just as our DNA's are. 

Ronie shay said to me some time ago "Don't let anyone, treat you less than you deserve" I am unique; I can't settle for less, you shouldn't too. One of the things that destroy a man is wallowing in self pity. The moment you start feeling pity for yourself and allow people to pity you, that’s the moment you start going down. I have since stop feeling pity for myself. Then I use to be very shy, I had this phobia of being in the presence of so many people. Then I couldn’t look at people faces, I dislike their continuous staring at me.

There was this graduation ceremony in my school, then I think I was 10 years young, I was suppose to recite a poem, a poem that took me 2 months to prepare for. One that faithful day the Mc called me out to do my thing. I was wheeled out by my friend, all eyes were on me.

To be continued!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to drop your comment